Real-Time Rendering Corrigenda for 2nd edition: minors
What follows are very minor copy errors for the book
Real-Time Rendering (2nd edition), by
Tomas Akenine-Möller and
Very minor errors (mostly for the authors and the publisher)
- Add "HyperZ" and "Euler-Mascheroni constant" to index.
- Add "polygons, sorting" to the index at appropriate places. (thanks to Adrian Lopez)
- Page 47, last paragraph, 1st line: "represent" should be "represents". (thanks to Robert Moorhead)
- Page 71, end of first paragraph, 2nd to last line, delete the ending ) after "Chapter 6". (thanks to Robert Moorhead)
- Page 112, 2nd full paragraph says "often have a different voltage/luminance response curves", but should say
"often have different voltage/luminance curves" (note: removed "a"). (thanks to Robert Moorhead)
- Page 196, 2nd full paragraph, 7th, 9th and 15th line says "BSSRDF function". Remove "function", that's
what the "F" in "BSSRDF" stands for. (thanks to Robert Moorhead)
- Page 233, figure 6.25: connecting lines are too thin.
- Page 308, figure 7.15 caption: chance from "Bruch" to "Bruce".
- Page 448, figure 11.9, there is some banding (things go to full white) near the middle of the left edge.
Looks a little bad, distracting
- Page 473, figure 11.24, the U and V letters should be bold, not italicized,
and should be nicely positioned wrto the vertices they label. (check first edition, and check 11.25 also).
- Page 509, there is no reference in the text to Figure 12.22 (but there is a reference from
a caption to this figure). At the end of the second paragraph of section 12.2.5,
add a sentence: "An example is shown in Figure 12.22."
- Page 637, figure 14.3, the plane PI lines (solid and dashed) seem a bit thick.
Also, they have squared-off endcaps - round endcaps would look better. Finally, the
dashed PI line ends with a final dash at the bottom that is very very short - this should be changed.
- Page 640, figure 14.6, again, lines seem thick (compare to 14.7).
- Page 793, reference , it should be "SIGGRAPH 2001", and not "SIGGRAPH 2000".
- Plate XIV: change "Example pictures generated by software. Courtesy of
NVIDIA Corp." should really change to "Images courtesy of NVIDIA Corp."
- Plates XXII, XXXVIII, and XLIX say "Images courtesy". Should be "Image courtesy",
since there's only one image.
back to the
Real-Time Rendering homepage.
webslaves: Eric Haines
Last change: October 1st, 2002